Monday, July 21, 2014

Spaghetti Casserole

I told you in my previous post that I would share with you my recipe for a very simple, but very delicious Spaghetti Casserole.  When I am planning lunch for the work week, most times I do not want something complex to prepare.  I want what most of us want.  Something delicious and not too expensive or too difficult to make.  This Spaghetti Casserole fits that bill.  It couldn't be easier to make and it is scrumptious. It's also better each day as the flavors meld.

Look how beautifully this turned out.  Just perfect.

Usually when I post anything from the kitchen on WTCA, I post pictures of all the ingredients and then we go through step-by-step as we put it all together.  Well, ... I didn't do that this time.  And here's why.  I wasn't sure this was going to turn out.  I started to get out the bowls and get all the items lined up to photograph and I thought, no, don't do that.  Just make it and see how it turns out.  I should have photographed everything because it turned out wonderful.  So this time I'm just going to give you the recipe and you put it together and it will turn out wonderful for you too.

Spaghetti Casserole

Ingredients:

1 lb. dry spaghetti (We used Dreamfields Low Glycemic brand)
1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce (We used Classico Marinara and Four Cheese blend)
1 cup (4 oz.) finely shredded Asiago cheese
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Mozarella chesse, divided

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.  Cook spaghetti 2 minutes less than stated on package directions; drain and rinse well.

In a large bowl, combine cooked spaghetti, sauce and Asiago cheese.

Spoon half the mixture into a lightly oiled 11" x 17" glass baking dish.  Sprinkle with 1 cup Cheddar cheese and 1 cup Mozarella cheese.

Spoon remaining spaghetti into baking dish.  Sprinkle remaining Cheddar cheese and Mozarella cheese over top.

Bake 30 minutes or until cheese melts and casserole is hot.

NOTE:  You can cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes if you like.  Make sure to spray the foil with cooking spray and place that side over casserole so it will release from the foil easily.

This delicious casserole can be served warmed up in the microwave or in the oven on low heat.  Or it can be served at room temperature.  I have it at room temperature frequently.  I would not serve it cold.

No comments: