Monday, July 14, 2014

A New Planting on the Front Porch

We did some planting this weekend.  This pot on the front porch had a lobelia.  It was lovely.  But I think it got too much sun and being on the concrete was more than it could take.  So we replaced it with this interesting combo we found at the garden center at Lowe's.


Any tag that starts off with "Low Maintenance" and "Stress Reducer", I'm stopping to take a look.  The tag also says "Full Sun", so that will work in this location.  And the two plants are perennial so we can enjoy them year after year.


White Striped Sweet Flag and Blue Arrows Rush are new to me.  I had not heard of either of these two plants previously.  But I must admit that I like the way they look together.


I got it out of the plastic pot it came in;


And in to this beautiful urn with inlaid mother of pearl.


A stunning and beautiful and very sophisticated look for the front porch.  I can't wait to see how nicely this fills in over the coming weeks and months right into fall.

If you are looking for something to add some "swish" to your front entrance, consider this combination.  I think you will be very happy.

No comments: