Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rocky Road Chip Cookies

Doesn't this look like a beautiful baking sheet of what will eventually be soft, chewy cookies that you would be proud to give to family and friends?


They are all perfectly lined up, rolled to the same size, on a clean baking sheet and silpat just waiting to be placed in the oven and then enjoyed - NOT!!!!!  What a disaster!  You see, things don't always turn out perfect, even at Crest Avenue.  I made the cookie dough using a tried and true recipe.  The recipe called for 12 ounces of chocolate chips.  So I got a little creative and decided to use 3 ounces of four different flavored chips - milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate and butterscotch.  That equals 12 ounces.  Sounds good, huh.  I was going to name them Rocky Road Chip Cookies or something like that.  So I made the dough and then I got busy.  So I wrapped it up and put it into the refrigerator.  I was busy, busy, busy with other projects and Labor Day festivities.  Then I discovered the dough was still in the refrigerator 4 days later.  So I thought, OK, it shouldn't make any difference.  I'll make the cookies.  They were hard as brickbats!  They did not flatten out during cooking.  They came out of the oven looking pretty much like you see here.  Awful!!  I think I left the dough sitting in the refrigerator too long.  So, we are going to try this again, using the chip combination above but using freshly made dough.  Stay tuned to see if we have better luck this time.

No comments: