Friday, September 28, 2012

Patina Style by Brooke and Steve Gianetti

Today I want to tell you about a husband and wife design team and Architecture firm that I discovered probably two or three years ago.  They are California based Brooke and Steve Gianetti.  They have a blog entitled "Velvet & Linen" (http://brookegiannetti.typepad.com/).  Their website is located at (http://www.giannettiarchitects.com/).  I am a follower of their blog and you will see it listed here under "Blogs I Like".  Brooke and Steve recently released their newest book, "Patina Style" which is for purchase at the Barnes & Noble page (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/patina-style-steve-giannetti/1100232598?ean=9781423622536&itm=1&usri=patina%2bstyle) or the Amazon page (http://www.amazon.com/dp/1423622537).  Of course you can also order a copy through the Velvet & Linen blog and there are instructions there on how to do that.

I was so pleased to receive my copy of this book yesterday.  It arrived so beautifully packaged.


I almost didn't want to unwrap it.  But I knew that what was inside the wrapping was equally as fabulous, so I decided to move ahead.


Beautiful.  Just beautiful.


I loved the inscription.  The fact that they both signed it individually made it all the more special.


A turn of the inscription page and it was immediately evident that I was in for a real treat as I made my way through the book.


After I made my way through for the first time, I found a promiment spot to display it.

It is a delightful book with lots of wonderful pictures to give you inspiration in your own interior designing quest.  I look forward to referring to it many times in the future when I am looking for just the right thing for a table or an idea to give a finishing touch to a room.  Thank you,  Brooke and Steve, for your inspiration and the heartfelt words.  I wish you great success in all your endeavors.

2 comments:

Velvet and Linen said...

Steve and I are thrilled to know that you are enjoying Patina Style!
Thank you so much for this beautiful post. You made our day!

xo
Brooke

At Home with John Newman said...

It was my pleasure. The book is outstanding and I was anxious to let my readers know about it. All the best to you and Steve and the children.

John