Friday, September 7, 2012

Outdoor Electrical Cord Management

You will recall, I used the hedge trimmers a couple of weeks ago to trim and shape the boxwoods along the front walkway.


During that process, I cut through the electrical cord that was plugged into the hedge trimmer.  I got so involved in the shaping of the hedges that I no longer was interested in managing the power cord.  This sometimes happens with me.  I get so into the project that I'm working on that I block everything else out.

So, it was off to the home improvement store to purchase a new electrical cord to replace the one that I took the hedge trimmer to.  Luckily I had an extra that I could use until I got to the store, so I could finish the project.  I always like to have two general purpose electrical cords in case something like this happens.  Plus sometimes I need to connect two cords together if I am working in the very back portion of the back yard.

On my way to the home improvement store I ran into Walmart for something - maybe dog food.  I can't remember now.  Anyway, guess what I found?  General purpose electrical cords!!  So I bought a new one there.


The spare cord that I did not slice up with the hedge trimmer is 50 ft., so I only needed a 25 ft. section.  For anyone who has outdoor electrical powered yard tools, you know the frustration of cord management.  They twist.  They tangle.  They get knots in them.  It is a nightmare.  But worry no more for I have found the solution.  The cord wrapper.


This is a very simple, easy and inexpensive way to bring some order to your outdoor shed.  This is the Bayco Cord Wrap and it is only sold in Walmart stores.  You can find it on their website, but it is a "store only" item.  Very handy.  Just wrap the cord around it and hang it on a nail or on a hanger on some pegboard in the shed, and you are organized and ready whenever there is yard work to be done.


So there is some handy information this morning to let you know there is a way to manage that tangle of electrical cords without taking a second mortgage on the house to do it.

No comments: