Monday, September 24, 2012

Making Multi-Purpose Origami Boxes

So the saying goes, "necessity is the mother of invention."  I was cleaning out my desk today and I discovered that over time I had thrown a bunch of those little packets of salt you get at the deli into a drawer.  Even though I enjoy salt on my food, I do not normally use all of these little packets that are tossed in my bag when I leave the deli.  So they accumulate and I wanted to corral them.  I decided to make an origami box to place them in.  And here is the result of that venture.

 
I found the directions on how to assemble the box online at www.origami-instructions.com.  I started with a piece of card stock that was cut to 6" x 6" square.


I followed the instructions that I printed from the website listed above and in a very few minutes I had a place to keep the salt packets.



I nestled this little box into my leather catch-all on my desk right next to the little glass, screw-top jars of tic-tac's and the bottle of Instaclears which I use to clean my eyeglasses.  This is a very quick and easy way to get a little organization to small things laying around on our desk or in drawers.  I think I'll make some more of these.  Enjoy.

No comments: