Friday, September 28, 2012

Patina Style by Brooke and Steve Gianetti

Today I want to tell you about a husband and wife design team and Architecture firm that I discovered probably two or three years ago.  They are California based Brooke and Steve Gianetti.  They have a blog entitled "Velvet & Linen" (http://brookegiannetti.typepad.com/).  Their website is located at (http://www.giannettiarchitects.com/).  I am a follower of their blog and you will see it listed here under "Blogs I Like".  Brooke and Steve recently released their newest book, "Patina Style" which is for purchase at the Barnes & Noble page (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/patina-style-steve-giannetti/1100232598?ean=9781423622536&itm=1&usri=patina%2bstyle) or the Amazon page (http://www.amazon.com/dp/1423622537).  Of course you can also order a copy through the Velvet & Linen blog and there are instructions there on how to do that.

I was so pleased to receive my copy of this book yesterday.  It arrived so beautifully packaged.


I almost didn't want to unwrap it.  But I knew that what was inside the wrapping was equally as fabulous, so I decided to move ahead.


Beautiful.  Just beautiful.


I loved the inscription.  The fact that they both signed it individually made it all the more special.


A turn of the inscription page and it was immediately evident that I was in for a real treat as I made my way through the book.


After I made my way through for the first time, I found a promiment spot to display it.

It is a delightful book with lots of wonderful pictures to give you inspiration in your own interior designing quest.  I look forward to referring to it many times in the future when I am looking for just the right thing for a table or an idea to give a finishing touch to a room.  Thank you,  Brooke and Steve, for your inspiration and the heartfelt words.  I wish you great success in all your endeavors.

1 comment:

Velvet and Linen said...

Steve and I are thrilled to know that you are enjoying Patina Style!
Thank you so much for this beautiful post. You made our day!

xo
Brooke