Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Back to the Beef Jerky

You will recall we made beef jerky a couple weeks ago.  In that post we used a round steak and the meat slicer to prepare it for jerky.  Well, I found the most wonderful thing in my local Giant after that post.  These packages of steak already sliced by the store that are perfect for beef jerky.


I bought two packages which made the exact right amount to put in the dehydrator.


These are thin sliced with just the right amount of marbling to add flavor to the jerky.


The two packages, unwrapped and ready to be prepped for the dehydrator.


I placed each thin sliced section on a cutting board.


Then I quartered it with a sharp steak knife.


We ended up with a stack of thinly sliced beef just perfect for jerky.  We mixed up the jerky seasoning, which I posted previously.  Marinated the meat for 4 hours and then placed it in the dehydrator for 3 hours. Last time we put it in the dehydrator for 2 hours, but I think 3 hours is better.  We had the most perfect beef jerky you have ever tasted.

I am told by my sister that my little niece likes beef jerky.  I think I may have to surprise her with some of Uncle John's homemade beef jerky the next time we visit.  This is such a healthy snack and so delicious.  I hope you will try it.

No comments: