Monday, July 22, 2013

Shhh! It's a Surprise

My mother's birthday was July 7.  I did what all sons are expected to do and sent her a card and a nice arrangement of flowers.  She called and told me she loved the flowers.  It was a smallish arrangement.  Something that would fit easily on her bedside table without taking over the entire room.  I try to choose the size of the arrangement I am sending based on the event.  Smallish, intimate arrangements for birthdays.  A medium sized arrangement that can be placed on an entry or hall table for Easter or Christmas.  Large arrangements if sent to a church or hall.

What my mother did not know was that, in addition to the card and flowers, I bought her a pair of garnet earrings.


She has a garnet ring that belonged to a great grandmother or great, great grandmother.  I am not certain of the story behind the ring other than it has been in the family for years and is now in her possession.  I bought these from Jewelry Television.



I do not know if any of you have heard of or watched Jewelry Television, but it is the most entertaining show on the air.  If you are interested, you can visit their website at www.jtv.com.  I have ordered jewelry from them prior to this order and I have to tell you it is of high quality and very beautiful.  I bought a gorgeous blue diamond ring for myself a couple years ago.  Sometimes they sell loose gemstones at ridiculously low prices and I have some of those also.  I enjoy watching all the personalities.  If you get a chance, check them out on your cable line-up.

We will be taking a road trip to Midlothian later this month and I will be delivering these to my mother at that time.  I hope she likes them.  I, of course, will be blogging about the day-trip down south, so come back for that post some time after the 27th.  And, as usual, stop by every weekday for something new that is going on at Crest Avenue.

No comments: