Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Guess Who is Having an Electrocardiogram?

Add caption
I am.  on Friday at 8:30 AM.  This will be a new experience.  I was just reading the instructions this morning which were given to me by the appointment scheduler and it seems like quite an involved procedure.  I am having an ECG with a Nuclear Exercise Stress test rather than just an ECG.  There are many habits which need to be modified, beginning tomorrow, for a successful outcome.  Things like, avoid all products containing caffeine for 24 hours before the test.  You must even avoid decaffeinated coffee since it contains trace amounts of caffeine.  No tea, colas, Mountain Dew or chocolate.  They specifically mention Mountain Dew!!  I thought that was funny.  I guess I didn't know there was such a large portion of the population of the United States who drank Mountain Dew.  I am not one of those drinkers.  Then it goes on to explain how and when to take your normal medications and they explain the IV through which they inject the radioactive tracer.  It is all very fascinating.  Let's hope that the final results of the test are good.  More on how this all goes next week.

No comments: