Monday, January 28, 2013

Watermelon and Kiwi with Coconut Lime Creme

Today we are returning to Dana Moos book, The Art of Breakfast.  As I continue my journey through this book, I am not disappointed.  Clearly, Dana has thought out these recipes thoroughly and has prepared each dish numerous times and is certain that each recipe works.  The latest creation is Watermelon and Kiwi with Coconut Lime Creme.

We started with a miniature, seedless watermelon and ripe kiwi sliced thick (I sliced them about 1/2" thick.)


I sliced the watermelon into wedges and removed the rind.  Then I started stacking, placing the watermelon first.

A squeeze of fresh lime juice over the stack.

Then a hearty spoonful of the coconut lime creme and a little lime zest.
This is a spectacular dish.  Not only is it beautiful to look at, but it is incredibly delicious.  The coconut lime creme is out of this world.  Even if you are not a fan of watermelon or kiwi, I strongly suggest you make it.  You could use it on any fruit.  The recipe can be found on page 140 in Dana's book.

Next week we will be making Pineapple Banana Cairns with Cinnamon Creme. 

No comments: