Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Taking Advantage of Savings at Costco

Everybody loves Costco.  Well, maybe not everybody but many of us enjoy shopping there.  I am a member and a frequent shopper.  Yesterday I received their in-store savings flyer.  I generally go through and check to see if there is anything on sale that I need.  In doing so, I have come up with a quick way to mark what you want in the flyer so that you can make your way through the store with the greatest of ease.

First, get yourself a pad of the long, narrow post-it notes;


Then, get your sale flyer;


Then place a post-it note on each item you are interested in;


And now you are ready to make your way through the maze of goods at your local Costco.  It is very easy to get distracted in Costco and to end up with a basketful of things you had no intention of buying when you arrived.  I have had this happen many, many times.  But if I go in with specific items that I am looking for, I am less inclined to pick up additional items than when I just go in "browsing."  For me, just "browsing" through Costco is usually very costly.

No comments: