Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year and New Ideas

Today was the day to go shopping.  I was up early this morning.  I continued working on management of the overflow of "paper."  After a couple of hours of that, I ventured out to Target.  I had some returns and needed to pick up a few things.  As usual, I ended up "picking up" a little more than I expected.  But the prices were good.  Lots of mark-downs.  And the store was basically mine.  I think I saw three other people shopping.  I guess many were still asleep from New Years celebrations, which I did not participate in this year.

I decided the large silver leaf tray that was holding these champagne flutes was too large for the table.  So I replaced it with this cute, rustic box from Smith & Hawkin.



I like this look much better.  The rustic box against the elegant stemware is a nice contrast.  When serving for a party, I will place them back on the silver leaf tray.



I took down all of the Christmas decoration today.  I wanted to replace the Christmas swag on the front door with something that would be welcoming but not too spring-like.  This boxwood wreath fit the bill perfectly.  Another Smith & Hawkin find.


Some essentials.  I like to keep containers of Wet Ones next to the kitchen sink and in the cabinet.  They are nice to have nearby to clean your hands whether you are working inside or out.  They are especially handy if you have been working in the garden.  Every time we conserve water is a good thing.  The cocktail straws will be useful once the spring and summer cocktail party circuit starts.

No comments: