Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Cards Used to Keep Myself Organized.

I have long been a maker of lists.  Since I was a young child I have made lists.  Lists for everything. I have used many different types of lists over the years, but I always come back to the tried and true index card style of list making.  I particularly like the 3 inch by 5 inch index cards. I find they have enough space in which to put down my ideas or to make a shopping list or to keep track of project work. They fit perfectly in my shirt pocket or the back pocket of a pair of jeans.

The only problem I have is that they will not make it through the fuser in a laser printer.  They are just too small for the mechanics of the printer.  The 4 inch by 6 inch cards will make it through, but not the 3 inch by 5 inch cards.  So, over the weekend, I decided to make my own 3 inch by 5 inch cards using the "text box" feature in Microsoft Word, and a sheet of white card stock.  The end result was perfect.


After several attempts, I settled on the design above.  This is all done with text boxes and utilizing Word Art for the vertical description headings on each card.  I know it is all very old school of me, but I cannot get into using lists keepers on my cell phone or tablet or computer. There is something about holding these cards in your hand and actually striking through each item as it is completed that is more satisfying to me that viewing it on an electronic device.

So if you are like me and you still prefer list making the old-fashioned way, you can design your own cards like I did.  

No comments: