Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Alstromeria - Simple and Beautiful

On Sunday, I ran to Giant to pick up a few things for the week. As I entered the store, they had the most beautiful display of alstromeria. We talked about alstromeria in one of our recent posts about the wedding of my friends, Bob and Bette. These beautiful and hardy flowers are members of the lily family. They had quite a selection from which to choose


These were so fresh and beautiful.


And the colors were so vibrant.  I had a hard time deciding which color I wanted.


I finally decided on two bunches of the lemony yellow ones with accents of pink on the petals.  I thought these were the most beautiful of all.


I noticed after I made my selection that they had some plain glass vases on the shelves under the display units which held the flowers. Presently, I have quite a hodge-podge of vases of different sizes and colors, mostly from floral arrangements I have received over the years. Since I knew both arrangements would be in the kitchen, I bought two matching vessels for continuity. Will we possibly etch a design on these at some point in the future after these flowers have wilted? Possibly. You will have to come back to see what happens. Oh, and yes, I got some Smartfood Popcorn for the lunch bag this week and some Diet Caffeine Free Pepsi to put under my desk.


A nice shot looking up through one of the vases on the kitchen counter.


So incredibly beautiful in the kitchen in simple, plain glass vases.  This one on the granite ledge next to the basement steps.  I never tire of these flowers.  I keep them in the house all year, rotating the colors for variety and with the seasons. Affordable and beautiful, these will add a nice touch to any home.  Lift your soul with a simple vase of alstromeria.


No comments: