Monday, December 16, 2013

The Dryer HedgeHogs Have Seen Better Days

You will remember last year in December I posted about these cute little HedgeHog Dryer Balls.  I bought some for myself and some to give as gifts.  They work nicely to keep the clothes separated while tumbling around in the dryer which helps lessen the amount of time we need to run the dryer.





We all want to save money on the electric bill.  I don't think I've ever talked to anyone who said, "Oh, who cares about the electric bill.  Turn on all the lights and run the dryer."  Nobody is going to say that.  So HedgeHog Dryer Balls were and are a good idea.

However, I have learned they do not last forever.




This little fellow made his way upstairs tucked into the leg of a pair of jeans.  When I took him out, I thought, something is not right.




Upon further inspection, it became clear that the poor little guy was missing quite a few of his quills.




I expected the rubbed nose and eyes, but I guess I didn't expect that so many of the nubbies would be missing.  So it's time for some new dryer balls.  Or, in the alternative, I have heard recently that placing a dry bath towel in the dryer with the wet clothes from the washer will also help to speed up drying time.  I think before I invest in another set of dryer balls, I'll give the dry bath towel a try and see if that works even better at cutting down on the use of the dryer.


No comments: