Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Sparkly Kraft Ornaments

Do you remember the post on December 16 where I talked about these Kraft ornaments I found at The Paper Source?  In that post I finished with something akin to "I see something sparkly in my future."



Well, . . . indeed there is something sparkly in my here and now.

With the flash


Without the flash


They turned out beautifully.  So here's the rundown on how to do this.  First I painted the ornament with Mod Podge and a 1" paintbrush that I got from Lowe's.  I applied the first coat of glitter which did not completely cover the ornament.  I waited for about 30 minutes and then I sprayed the ornament with a nice thick coat of spray adhesive which you can get at craft stores or Walmart.  I applied the second coat of glitter which completely covered the ornament.  I let it dry for an hour and the sprayed it with a coat of clear Polyurethane to keep the glitter intact.  Silver and blue.  I can see a tree of silver and blue next year.

So, we will wait until after tomorrow to go back to The Paper Source when everything Christmas is marked down and buy all that they have left of these.  They were originally $2 apiece.  Wonder what the sale price will be.  I am looking to do an entire tree next year utilizing these ornaments for under $50.  Check back later in the week to see what happens. 

No comments: