Friday, December 6, 2013

How to Make a Wreath From A Little of This and a Little of That

Here's how it went.  "What am I going to do with this banged up green velveteen form?  Hmmm.  This little white sparkly wreath is too small on its own.  I think I've got some ribbon somewhere.  Get the hot glue gun."  And a little while later, BAM!  I had a new holiday wreath.




This green wreath form had originally been intended to be used to make a boxwood wreath.  The the Christmas season arrived and I wanted something nice to hang on the doors of the china cabinet, so I wrapped it in a festive ribbon and hot glued the little sparkly wreath from Pottery Barn in the middle and the rest is history.




So this proves that you can put together a new Christmas wreath probably with stuff you already have around the house.  The form could have been wrapped with burlap or pieces of leftover fabric or yarn.  You could wrap it with tinsel or garland.  You could have glued on Christmas ornaments or wrapped it in strips of Christmas wrapping paper that you cut yourself.  




This is a much nicer look hanging on the handles to this cabinet that just the tiny wreath in the middle all alone.  A very pretty wreath that basically cost nothing because it was made with things I already had in stock.

No comments: