Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Poinsettias

I love Poinsettia.  I do not have good luck with them after the season is over.  That is, I do not claim to be able to keep them alive much after the new year.  But I think they are pretty and I think they look nice around the house.  This year I bought white.




As you can see, I also bought a loaf of marble rye bread.  But for this post, we will be talking about the poinsettias.  These look green, but they have more of a white color when you see them first hand.  I placed two on the fireplace mantel, one at either end.  The others I have already given as gifts.  If you are looking for something easy to add some cheer to your home decor, a few poinsettias will do the trick.  These are medium sized and were $6.96 each.  The small were $3.00 and the large were $15.99.  Choose the size that works best for you depending on your space.  Tall ceilings and large open spaces will take the large sizes.  Preferably several areas with them grouped together to add more volume.  Smaller houses with 8' ceilings and small rooms can do with the medium or small.  Again, grouped together to add fullness.  Keep them watered.  Once they start to get dry they drop leaves like crazy and then you end up with a stem with 3 or 4 leaves.  Not a good look.  Test the soil daily.  If the top of the soil is dry, add some water.

No comments: