Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Banana Tree and Freesia, Before and Now

I posted a few weeks ago that the banana tree came back again this year.  This will be the third year that it has returned.  I do not lift the corm in the winter, but mulch heavily and place a large plastic planter over top of it to help protect from the cold.

This was the banana tree during the first days of spring.


And this is the banana tree now.


This was the freesia pot just a few weeks ago.  We were so happy to see these tiny buds making their way through the soil.


And the freesia pot now.



Spring is a wonderful time of year.  I love watching everything come alive.  It is magical.  I noticed this morning when I went out to water that the leaves had little droplets of water on them.  When I checked Accuweather it showed that we got a little rain overnight, so I did not water this morning.  We are supposed to reach 80 today rather than near 90 and humid as it has been all week.  Tomorrow will only reach 67 degrees.  That will be luscious.  Nice cool weather over the weekend which will make for perfect gardening time.

I want another banana tree.  I'm going to have to see about getting another one this weekend or next.  More on that to follow.

No comments: