Thursday, May 2, 2013

Storing the "Frost-Protector" Bags

I came up with a rather good idea of how to store the Frost Protector bags we used over the winter on some of plants we wanted to protect from frost.


I folded them neatly and placed them in Ziploc bags.  The two dark greens on the left are for large plants and the lighter greens on the right are for medium size plants.  When placed in these bags, I can easily find a place in the garden shed until needed in the winter.

After I got these folded and put away, I went to work planting some of the agaves I picked up at the Garden Fair.


On the left are the red daylilies I planted a few weeks ago.  Center is a maidenhair fern.  Behind the fern is the "Rasta Man" agave.  Beside that on the right (which you cannot see clearly) is the "Retrochoke" agave and then the "Splendida" on the far right in the front.


Here is a closer view, more from the top of the table.  In this photo you can see the "Retrochoke" on the corner next to the "Rasta Man."  This is a pretty table.  It receives sunlight all day - a little dappled sunlight for a couple hours in the afternoon.  If friends stop by, you simply set these plants around the patio so they can be enjoyed and put the table back in use to serve cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

No comments: