Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms.  Such an important role you play in your children's lives.  Here is a picture of my mother in her very stylish early years.


Quite the fashionable young lady.  And she is still a fashionable lady.  I like to think I got eye for beauty in all things, including the home and the garden, from her.  This was taken just a few years before she had her first bundle of joy; me, in 1959.  My sister came along 7 years later in 1966.

I was unable to visit my mother this year.  As I posted here a little over a week ago, I am currently involved with a serious medical condition in a good friend.  My priority this year was to stay here and provide support and to coordinate schedules for this week before surgery on Friday.  I did, however, see to it that I acknowledged Mother's Day for both my mother and grandmother.


My sister and I are lucky to still have our mother and our grandmother still with us.  Grandmother will be 94 later this month.  We all hope we inherited that gene!  I sent them each a card that expressed my love and these cute little wooden block with sayings that expressed my affection.  The one for my mother read "If I Didn't have You as a Mom, I'd Choose you as a Friend."  The one for my grandmother had a space for a photo.  I inserted one of myself, but I took this picture before I did that, so you don't get to see me.  There will be plenty of time to see me in the future.  I spoke to my mother on the phone in the late afternoon yesterday and we talked and talked like we do when we get together.  She is very understanding.  She knows that I have a responsibility right now to care for a sick friend, so she did not make a fuss over me not driving to see her.  We will get together over the summer.

No comments: