Thursday, May 30, 2013

Grandmother's Birthday Present

I forgot my grandmother's birthday.  Well, I didn't forget.  I knew it was coming, I just thought I had more time and the days went by so quickly and the next thing I knew the day had come and gone.  I feel just awful.  So I ran yesterday and got her a card and a small gift and got it in the mail.


I found a lovely lavender, chamomile and sandalwood hand and body cream which I think she will enjoy.  I don't think she would be angry with me for divulging that she was 94 on Tuesday.  Indeed she should not be angry but rather luxuriate in having had such a wonderful and long life.  Our family has been so lucky to have had her with us all these many years.  In the picture above, you see the box which contained her present and a card to "grandmother for her birthday" on top.  I added a special note on top of that.


When you make such an error as missing a birthday, you need to do all you can to convey apologies.  Oh, and you all know now that my nickname growing up was "Eddie."  There will be more on how that came about later this year in my book entitled, "Welcome to Crest Avenue: A Picture Book of Home Renovation."

No comments: