Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Anyone for Steamed Scrambled Eggs?

Sometimes I like to get in the kitchen and see what happens.  Sometimes I come up with a winning recipe.  Sometimes I toss it and put it completely out of my mind.  I had a winning recipe the other day.  I had three eggs left over from a dozen.  So I gave it some thought and this is what I came up with.


So we started with three eggs - three small eggs - a pepper from the garden and part of a ciabatta.


I scrambled the three eggs and added 1 tablespoon of water to the egg mixture.  Then I diced the cayenne pepper and about a tablespoon of white onion along with salt and white pepper to taste.

This is a 5" ramekin sprayed with Pam Original Cooking spray.  You could use butter if you prefer.

In with the egg and pepper and onions.

Add water to the steamer to the fill line.  Then set the ramekin in the steamer.

Set the timer for 30 minutes and hit "start."

Remove from steamer and let cool.  While the ramekin is cooling, slice and toast your ciabatta under the broiler until done to your liking, monitoring it very carefully.  Butter the slices once removed from the broiler.  To remove egg from ramekin, simply place a small plate over the top of the ramekin and turn over.  The egg will easily slide out.  Slice it in half.  Place each half on your prepared bread and top with a little Frank's Hot Sauce, Ricotta Cheese and parsley.

A wonderful breakfast if you are alone and enough for two if you would like to invite a friend over.  Mimosa's or Bloody Mary's would be the finishing touch to this delightful dish, which really can be served any time of the day.

1 comment:

Steve Bunce said...

And I thought the bagel and cream chesse I am having for breakfast sounded good...this looks amazing!