Friday, November 23, 2012

A Wreath

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  I hope you all had a wonderful day.  I wanted to do a wreath for the front door this year.  I started going through my inventory and found the items I thought I would need to put something new together.


A rectangular styrofoam form.  A hot glue gun.  A box of fall leaves from Michael's.  And, of course, my big "N" that I bought at the Paper Source last week.  I little while later, here is what I had.


It's really not that hard to put together.  I sprayed the "N" with spray adhesive and then glittered it using gold glitter.  You can use any color you want.  Then I started hot gluing the leaves on the styrofoam form.  I positioned the "N" and then traced around it with a black marker.  Using a utility knife, I cut out the shape of the "N".  Then, using a butter knife, I scooped out the styrofoam so that I could recess the letter.  I glued some more leaves on around the perimeter of the letter outline so they would fill in the edges when I place the letter inside the cutout.  Then I finished gluing leaves on the form.  Once that was done, I hot glued the letter in place and, voila, a new wreath for the front door.  A festive wreath without spending an enormous amount of money.  Plus you will take pride in knowing you put it together.

No comments: