Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Little Window Dressing

Sometimes you don't realize you need something until you realize you need something.  I decided that I needed curtains at the window in the tv room.  So I bought a new curtain rod and put it up.  I already had the panels.  After going over them with a steam iron to get out the wrinkles, here is what I ended up with.  A nice fresh look.  Previously this window was left bare.  I am not averse to leaving windows bare if it works with the decor of the room.  But it did not work in this room.

They did not have the matching tie backs when I bought the curtain rod, so I improvised, which I often do.  I found some fall berry garland in my inventory and used that to add a little flare.  I really do not mind this look.  However, I have ordered the matching tie backs.  Maybe we can incorporate the garland and the tie backs together once they arrive.  We'll see about that.  Oh, for anyone who is in love with the wall sconce, it came from Pottery Barn.  I have two of them in this room.  Really beautiful.




No comments: