Friday, November 22, 2013

We're Joining the iPhone World

I have never been one to have the fanciest and most current cellular phone.  I never joined the craze over the next and the best.  When I upgraded from the days of the flip phones to this generation of phones, I went with the Android.  I have never owned an iPhone.  Until now.  Today, I am the proud owner of the iPhone 4 8GB - in white!


I know.  I know.  A white cell phone?  I wanted something different.  If it is completely impossible to keep clean, I'll know better than to buy another one in the future.  This is not the latest and greatest of the iPhones. But I do not feel like I need the iPhone 5s 64GB for $749.99.  I could never pay that much for a phone of any description.  For most of us, the decision to upgrade to a new phone comes only after something has happened to the current phone.  Maybe your phone was stolen or lost or it is damaged.  Because, face it, unless one of those things happens, who wants to shell out a couple hundred dollars for a new cell phone when the one you have is working just fine.  This time for me was for health reasons.  Earlier this year I bought a set of the Withings weight/body mass scales and the BodyMedia armband.




The scales and the armband work together to monitor your weight and body mass and your sleep and daily activity.  All of this information is downloaded on your phone and separately, if you choose, through a cable onto your desktop or laptop computer.





The Withings app can also be configured to send the information directly to your chart at your doctor's office.  I recently started a new blood pressure medication and it was suggested that I begin monitoring my blood pressure from home.  I wanted to buy the Withings blood pressure monitor but found that it did not work with Android phones.  So, to continue with my tracking of my vital signs from home, I upgraded to this new iPhone which will work with the Withings app.  I am retiring my Samsung Transform Ultra and my service with Boost Mobile.  Boost Mobile is a great cell phone service provider.  I have been a very satisfied customer.  My new iPhone service is through Virgin Mobile.  Virgin had the phone I wanted at a great price and they offer plans similar to Boost.  Let's hope I am equally as happy with Virgin.




This was a great little phone.  And something else I liked about it.




The slide-out keyboard.  My on-screen keyboard on this phone was very tiny.  Too tiny for my fingers.  I never used it because it was so difficult to type on.  The slide-out keyboard was wonderful.  Hopefully the new iPhone on-screen keyboard will be larger.

In reference to the Withings products I referenced.  You can find out more about their line at www.withings.com.  

No comments: