Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Another Wonderful Birthday, Part Two

Yesterday I shared with you some pictures from my birthday celebration this past weekend.  Here are a few more pictures of the festive evening.




Me, looking up at what?  A balloon that said "You Rock."  Who is going to argue with that, I ask you? Look at that freshly prepared cheesecake in the lower right corner.  It was a recipe for a diabetic cheesecake. Very delicious.  I will post the recipe under the Food and Recipe page.  The baseball cap was a gift from Bob and Bette that says "Euro Hike."  They recently took a trip to Austria and did just that - they took a Euro hike across Austria.




I cannot go to any event, even if it is my birthday celebration, without taking something.  This is a baked brie with Wild Blueberry Preserves.  Positively incredible on crackers or sliced baguette.




This pasta bowl worked perfectly as a receptacle for the fresh veggies that we used in the fondue pot. Everything was par-boiled to release the flavors of the vegetables.  But be careful.  Just a couple minutes in boiling water, if that and then straight into iced water.  Otherwise, they are overcooked and fall apart in the fondue pot.  You don't want that.




A wider view of the feast prepared for the evening.  That is an aged gouda on the cutting board, large white grapes and crackers in the red-lined bowls and an empty wine glass and another almost empty wine glass.  It didn't take long to remedy the empty wine glasses.




I concur with these cocktail napkins.




A closer view of the table of plenty.




And finally, my gifts.  The Woo Hoo package was Martha Stewart Cakes book and the package with the red bow was the Coco Chanel book.  I had a wonderful birthday.

No comments: