Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Festive Cutting Board

Still finding more Christmas decorations and essentials for the season.  My latest find was this cute cutting board.


This is the perfect size to fit easily on your counter-top.  Where did I get this?  I think my sister gave this to me one year for Christmas.  Many, many Christmases ago.  I'll have to email her and ask that question.  In any case, I love it and it has been thoroughly cleaned and is on the kitchen counter.  We will slice oranges to place in Old-Fashions.  Or maybe a wedge of lemon or lime for your gin and tonic.  I enjoy a festive cocktail or two during the season.  Here is a wonderful recipe for a delectable Old-Fashioned.


Crown Royal® Old Fashioned
Classic Cocktail

This is one of the more iconic recipes that’s made even better by using Crown Royal.

Ingredients:
Crown Royal® - 1 oz.
Sugar - 1 teaspoon
Bitters - 1-3 dashes
Water - A splash

In a shaker, muddle sugar, water and bitters. Add Crown Royal. Shake with ice, and pour into an Old Fashioned glass. Garnish with lemon twist, orange slice and maraschino cherry.


No comments: