Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Another Wonderful Birthday

I celebrated my birthday over this past weekend.  There was a small gathering thrown on Saturday evening. We enjoyed fine wines, fondue with delicious veggies and cubed baguette to swirl in the fondue pot.  Tasty shrimp and sirloin steak and chicken all cooked on a marble stone.  A delightful and fun time.  In addition, I received some pretty nice gifts.




I asked for and received the new Martha Stewart's Cakes.  Martha strikes again.  There are some incredible recipes in this book.  The pictures alone are worth the cost of the book.  And I got a new coffee table book on the legend that is Coco Chanel.  I can never have too many books on the history of Coco Chanel.  An inspiration to men and women alike.




Of course, there were floral arrangements as well.  This intimate arrangement came from my friend Karen. The colors are so vibrant.  It is the perfect size for my bedside table and that is exactly where it was placed. As I have written here before, when I send flowers, I judge the size of the arrangement to the occasion. Small for birthdays.  Medium sized for special events which will fit nicely on an entry table.  And large or extra large for large parties or wedding events or if being sent to a hall or perhaps to a church or funeral home.  This one was just the perfect size.  Good job Karen.




Here is another arrangement.  This one was a little larger than the one from Karen, but still a perfect size.  I think I will keep this one on the kitchen counter to liven things up in there.  So beautiful.




Back to the gift category.  I received this wonderful hand knit tissue box holder from a dear friend with whom I have been out of touch for many years.




Here is another look at the tissue box, which came with a box of tissues, thank you very much.  This cover holds the tissue box firmly in place so when you pull out a tissue, it doesn't go flying all over the place.  Very nice and a very timely gift since I have been in the market recently for just such an item.  Thank you, dear Cindy, for thinking of me and sending this along to arrive on the actual day of my birthday.  I am so glad we are back in touch.  I have missed you.

And so was the birthday of John Newman in this year of two thousand and thirteen.  I have so many people who love and care for me.  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: