Thursday, April 12, 2012

Upgrading the Planters

You will recall last month I posted about replanting the planters at the front entrance.  I decided to do a little upgrading to those planters.  Earlier, I replaced the cyprus' that were in the planters with Upright Holly and added the black river stones on top of the soil.  That was a good look, but I thought we could do better.  So I removed the stones.


After those were removed I added this creeping ground cover.


Then I replaced the stones.  Of course we needed fewer stones this time around, so the extras are stored in a small clay pot in the shed for future plantings.


And voila!  A new look for the planters.  As this grows in and covers the soil and cascades down the side of the planter it will offer a much more dramatic look.  Just a simple and inexpensive way to give any planter a little extra dazzle.

No comments: