Monday, April 23, 2012

My Trip to Orange, Part Deux

You will recall my recent trip to Orange, VA to visit my aunt and to have lunch with my mother and grandmother.  On that trip I used my cell phone to take a few pictures.  When I returned I attempted to download those pictures by sending them to my email address as I have done hundreds of times before.  For reasons still unknown to me, the pictures would not show up in my mailbox.  I decided there were more pressing issues to deal with and moved on.  To my surprise, the pictures showed up in my mailbox all of a sudden.  No explanation.  Just "boom", there they were.  So here are a couple of pictures I will share with you from that visit during the last weekend of March.


A beautiful dogwood tree in full bloom at the entrance to my hotel.  Stunning.  I have a neighbor who has one of these trees in their yard and it is spectacular at this time of year.  I should see about finding one of these to add to the magical forest I am planting at Crest Avenue in the back yard.

 
And here is another shot of the front the the train station located on Main Street with a marker giving some history of the town.  The tall tower on the right in the background is the County Courthouse.  All along Main Street are various antique and specialty shops.  It was a delightful day.

No comments: