Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A New Centerpiece for the Dining Room Table

I wanted something new for the dining room table.  Something different.  I have grown weary of a bowl of potpourri or cachepot of fresh flowers of the week.  So, I took a chance and bought something very different.  And here it is.


I like it.  The dining room table seats eight and the size of this is proportionate to the table.  I did not know exactly what I wanted to place in it, so I found these candles that are battery operated.  I like this look but I will experiment with some different things before I finally settle on what I think will work best.

And of course you see Martha's new book, Martha's American Food, which was just released today.  I called my local Books-A-Million store yesterday and had them hold their one and only copy at the front counter with my name until I could get there to pick it up today.  She will be visiting the Costco in Leesburg, VA this Saturday from Noon - 2:00 PM.  Guess who will be there, book in hand to meet the venerable Mrs. Stewart.  You guessed it.  Me!  I'm sure with probably thousands of other people.  But it will be a fun event and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: