Monday, April 23, 2012

Deck and Patio upgrades

It will soon be time to open the deck and patio for the outdoor entertaining season.  Sometimes the smallest improvements make all the difference.

This iron bracket hangs over the deck and holds a set of wind chimes as you can see in this picture.  The bracket was not installed correctly.  The bottom screw was never fully fastened to the corner board.  I removed the bracket and drilled the holes a little larger to accommodate the screws.  Then I installed another matching bracket perpendicular to this one on the facing board a little higher.  I bought two matching bronze colored chandeliers that are lit from a center hanging pendant.


I removed the wind chimes and hung the two chandeliers on this corner, as you see below.


Then I did some touch up caulking and painting.  What a nice look.  I like the cantilever installation here rather than placing them both at the same height on the corner.  These chandeliers will be a nice addition to the deck when I have friends over for cocktails once the weather warms up.

NOTE:  These chandeliers are not meant to be left out all the time.  I put two cup hooks in the ceiling of the shed and they reside there until party time.

These chandeliers are from the Colin Cowie collection.

No comments: