Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cute Clay Pots

During my trip to Orange this weekend, I found these cute little clay pots.


They were so cute I couldn't resist.  And a real find at only $4.99 each.  So I thought I'd give this project some thought and see what I could come up with.

Since there is no drainage hole in the bottom,


I decided to put a little rubber mulch in the bottom of each pot.


Normally we use pea gravel in the bottom of a planted pot, but you don't have to use pea gravel.  The purpose of the pea gravel or rubber mulch, in this case, is to allow the water to drain through the soil and add moisture to the soil but not keep it soaking wet which will cause root rot.  So I believe rubber mulch will work just as well as pea gravel.

Once this was done, it was time to give the boys their new haircuts and this is what we came up with.


The boys are ready for the party!!  On the left we've got Daryl Dracaena and on the right is Perry Palm.  I picked up the dracaena and palm at Wal-Mart.  They are from Exotic Angel Plants www.exoticangel.com.

This is a very easy project and a very affordable project.  These would look great sitting on the deck or anywhere outside for your next soiree!

No comments: