Monday, April 23, 2012

Easter Brunch Post, . . . albeit a little Late

Again, for reasons unknown to me, the pictures I took on Easter Sunday just arrived in my inbox.  I might have to contact my cell phone carrier and see what is going on.  Before I do that I think I'll delete some of the pictures currently on my phone.  That might take care of the problem.  All I know is that it should not take a month for pictures to make their way from my cell phone to my inbox.  The cell phone Michael Douglas used in "Wall Street" could do a better job than that!!

On Easter Sunday we gathered with Steven's brother Bob and our good friend Lea for a little Easter brunch at Dewey Street.  Steven runs http://www.our-home-improvements.blogspot.com/ from there.  It was a gorgeous Easter Sunday so we started with bloody marys on the deck.



Then we moved inside to the breakfast counter where Steven was serving belgian waffles and other delights.


A pretty presentation.



The waffles were so incredibly delicious that I could not possibly do them justice with mere words.  The batter was made the night before and then a few final ingredients were added on Sunday just before he started baking them.  They were very light, almost like a Scandanavian Rosette Cookie.  He served a sweet and savory brunch with the waffles being sweet and a hash with poached eggs as the savory.  Everything was scrumptious.  I particularly liked these red plates for the waffles and strawberries.  I'm usually not a fan of colored plates or plates with any sort of design because I think they interfere with the presentation of the food, which to me is as important as the taste of what I am serving.  But in this case, they work.


Finally, I would be remiss if I did not include the picture of the waffle plate with Bob's finger proudly reaching for maybe a bit of whipped cream.  Be careful when you are around blogger's.  Anything and everything is usually be filmed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't decide whether I like the Bloody Marys better or the Belgian Waffles. The waffle recipe is a keeper and I'm going to fire up the waffle maker this coming weekend and make another batch for the freezer. Like Bob said, just pop them in the toaster and they're just like they came off the waffle iron.

At Home with John Newman said...

Both were delicious. Thanks for playing bartender and chef.