Friday, April 20, 2012

Tall Fescue

I posted earlier this week about my yard improvements that I've been working on this early spring.  In that post I stated that I used Tall Fescue grass seed from Lowe's.


I thought I would give a little more information on this seed in this post in case anyone is in the process of choosing which seed to use in their yard.  The information below was taken directly from their site and gives a good description of what you can expect from this seed.

___________________________________________________________________________

Most grass seed can't take the heat, but Sta-Green Tall Fescue thrives in it. Specially formulated to prosper in even the harshest summer conditions, this professional-grade turf seed utilizes our exclusive Nitro-Fuze™ technology for healthier, greener grass that requires less watering and fertilizer. With its superior drought and brown patch resistance, not even the dog days of summer can get in the way of the perfect lawn.

Where to Plant
Best in full sun, moderate shade and high-traffic areas

When to Plant
Ideal planting conditions occur in spring and fall

Ideal Planting Temperature
Between 60°F and 80°F

How Much It Covers
New Lawn / Bare Spot Repair: Up to 2,200 square feet
Overseeding: Up to 5,000 square feet

No comments: