Monday, February 6, 2012

Some Helpful Hints

I know I am always looking for ways to streamline the everyday tasks of my life and I thought many of you might be searching for the same.  I have put together a list of six things that I do each day that help to bring order to my life.  I thought I would share these with you here.

______________________________________________________________

6 Things to Do Every Day

In the Morning

o      Pick up
        Take a quick look around and see if there are things sitting around that are out of place.  If so, pick them up and put them away.

o      Check houseplants/Sweep
        This is the perfect time to check the moisture level in your houseplants.  Give anyone who is thirsty a drink.  If the kitchen or mudroom or entry floors are dirty, give them the “once over” with a broom.

o      Make the Bed
        There’s nothing like crawling into a nicely made bed in the evening.  Doing this will make you feel better when you leave the house in the morning and it will be an inviting oasis when you get home in the evening.


In the Evening

o      Sort Mail
        Go through the mail and sort it into two piles – junk mail that can be recycled (after shredding the address label) and bills and other items that need attention.  Set aside time the following day to open bills and mark them for payment or to send out any correspondence or rsvp’s.

o      Prepare lunch for the following day
        Ziploc containers with three compartments work beautifully.  I put the main meal in the large compartment, small rice cakes or something salty in one of the smaller compartments and sliced fruit with honey or some homemade yogurt with fresh berries in the third.

o      Prepare pet breakfast for the following day/week
        You can prepare a weeks worth of breakfast very easily and store them in Ziploc containers in the refrigerator.  Then each morning, you simply open the container and place the food in their bowl.

I hope you find this helpful.

No comments: