Monday, February 13, 2012

Merin-GA!!

The meringues for Valentine's Day turned out spectacular.  I made them on Sunday afternoon.  They baked for five hours in a 175 degree oven.  They were the perfect consistency.  Not too soft.  Not too stiff.  And not brown.  You do not want them to brown.

Tonight I melted bittersweet chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water.


I removed the chocolate from the heat and added the canola oil.

I dipped each meringue in the chocolate and placed them on a parchment lined baking sheet to cool for one hour.

Then it was time to start assembling the boxes.


I lined the bottom of each box with tissue paper with a repeating heart design.  Then I placed 4 white paper baking cups in each.


Then I filled the cups with meringues.  I love the way this looks.

Then it was time to get the boxes closed and tied.



And here is the final creation on the table ready to go out the door with me in the morning.


Let me just add that, as any good chef would do, I sampled a few of these this evening after dipping the bottoms in chocolate.  TO-DIE-FOR!!!  This is a great recipe and they are the most delicious meringues you have EVER tasted.  I have posted the recipe on the Food and Recipes page.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: