Monday, February 6, 2012

The perfect ending to the Weekend

Baxter and I took Steven to the airport early Saturday morning for his flight to Orlando to attend the National Association of Home Builders Annual Convention.  We ran a few errands on our way home from the airport.  Once we got home and got the car unloaded, I decided to put the rest of the weekend to good use.  I painted the brick around the fireplace enclosure in the dining room.  Here is what it looked like during that process.


(More pictures to follow tomorrow.)

I installed the room darkening shades in my bedroom.  Then I steam cleaned the hardwood floors with the Haan steamer and cleaned the carpet in the tv room.

During our errands on Saturday morning, I picked up some fresh flower arrangements from our new Aldi grocery store.  I was pleasantly surprised to find some fresh cut arrangements there that were tastefully put together.  I picked up three bunches.  I start to get antsy for spring and warmer weather this time of year.  We are a mere 42 days away from the first day of spring and I'm ready for it anyday.  Keeping fresh flowers in the house during the dark winter months helps lift your spririts.  So I put a fresh vase on my nightable.



Sunday evening I decided to have a glass of red wine and to relax and enjoy all I got done this weekend.  I used my new wine glass I got from Bob for Christmas that says "It's 5:00 somewhere" with many different graphic depictions of the official beginning of the cocktail hour.  A wonderful way to end a nice weekend.

No comments: