Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bob's Birthday

I was invited to a birthday celebration on Sunday evening for my friend Bob.  What to do for Bob?  What does Bob want?  Don't know.  What does Bob need?  Nothing.  Hmmmm.  What can I do for Bob.  Let's see.  Bob likes to grill/barbecue/cook outside.  Spring is just around the corner.  I bet Bob could use some things for the grill.  I think I'll go to Lowe's and see if they have their grills and accessories out for the season and stop by the grocery and pick up some marinades and glazes and various things he could use when the weather warms up.

So that's what I did.  I was thinking how am I going to wrap all of this.  I found this really neat box at Lowe's.  I put a new grill lighter, Liquid Smoke bottles, Texas Pete, a couple Smokey Joe's marinades, a couple Jack Daniel's Marinade bags, a container of Old Bay and some spice rubs in there with some raffia in the bottom to keep it all from rolling around and tied it up with some ribbon I picked up somewhere many moons ago.  And voila!!  The perfect package and the perfect gift from Bob.


Now I'm just waiting for an invitation when the weather breaks.  He usually sends a message saying something like "dinner on the patio at Bob's.  Bring your favorite picnic food."  My favorite picnic food is a pitcher of apple martinis (which are Bob's favorite too).  I've already got the apple martini mix, so as far as I'm concerned, we are ready for spring to arrive.

No comments: