Wednesday, February 15, 2012

More Valentine Treats

I would be remiss if I did not report on ALL the gifts received on this Valentine's Day 2012.  I received a box on my front porch today from my dear friend Bev.  When I opened the box, it was filled with ample packing material so I started retrieving items from within.  The experience was sort of one like those little clown cars where the clowns start getting out and just when you think another clown couldn't possibly appear, he does.  Boxes and bags and jars of all kinds of goodies.


 Another wonderful gift.  We started doing this sort of thing a few years ago.  All of us having reached an age where we wonder at each holiday or birthday, "what do I get him or her", we started putting together little boxes or bags of small items we saw that we thought the other person might like.  Bev was a wedding coordinator a few years ago and knowing what wedding coordinators go through, I put together a box for her that contained things like a bottle of nerve tonic, Advil, airline size bottles of wine and vodka, mini tonic waters, cosmo mixes - things that I'm sure many wedding planners/coordinators would love to receive as the wedding day grows closer and the pressure is on.  As you can see in this picture, she chose the perfect items for me to experiment with in the kitchen.  All of this will be put to good use in the near future.

Thank you honey.  Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments: