Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sirius XM Radio

I renewed my subscription to Sirius XM Radio today.



Sirius Radio is a satellite radio (SDARS) service.  They are headquartered in New York City, with smaller studios in Los Angeles and Memphis.  Subscriptions are prepaid and range in price from $12.95 per month ($8.99 for each additional receiver) to $499.99 for lifetime (of the receiver equipment) subscription. There is a $15 activation fee for every radio activated. I paid $131.63 or $10.97 per month for one subscription.  I have not had the car wired yet for Sirius.  That will come in the spring or summer.  There is a very small port with a face plate that sits next to the amp in my house.  This faceplate is removable and once the car is wired, I will be able to simply take the faceplate with me and plug it into the port in the car to enjoy uninterrupted music.

I first received this sevice as a Christmas gift and I was immediately taken with the concept.  No more of the same old annoying commercials and useless jibber-jabber that you get with regular, land-based radio stations.  For more information on their full line-up of stations, visit http://www.sirius.com/.

No comments: