Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Party Planning 101

So the guest invitations have gone out.  I usually always send either store bought invitations or invitations that I make myself when I have a soiree.  This time I decided to use Evite which seems to be all the rage these days.  The site is easy to navigate and they have a wonderful selection of invitations from which to choose.  But I did something wrong and there have been problems with people responding.  I don't think the problem is with Evite.  I think the problem is with yours truly.  I will be going back to mailed invitations for the next get-together.

It looks like there will be eight of us which is my favorite number to have when entertaining.  A group of eight is easily managed by one person, that person being me.  When the number of attendees is 12 and over, you really need help.  Either hired help or a friend who is willing to help keep watch of the bar and to help you set out the food and generally walk the space and make sure everyone is having a good time.  I use index cards to help keep my thoughts and plans on track.


I suppose this is very old-fashioned of me.  The younger set would probably use their "I-Phone" or "Android" task list these days.  But index cards work for me.  I write down whatever comes to mind no matter how small.

In addition to my index cards, I do use the internet to print out information that will help me prepare for the event.


You will see here that I have printed out recipes for Oven Fried Chicken (even though I already have a wonderful recipe for this), Simple Chicken Brine and Chocolate Ganache.  I clip the index card to these printouts and keep them in a letter-size manila folder.  It is from that folder that I will plan, prepare and eventually throw a successful party.

This event is planned for Saturday, May 26 beginning at 6:00 PM.  More to come on how things are progressing over the coming days.

No comments: