Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A few more Garden Shots

You will recall on April 18, I posted that I was seeding a section of the front yard with Tall Fescue.  I am proud to report that with a little patience and regular watering, we are seeing sprouts.  They are still tender, but they are there.


It will take some time for this to all fill in but it will be worth it in the end.


Here is a pot with Lady Fern that has really taken off over the past few weeks.  Lady Fern is a deciduous, perennial fern about 24 to 36 inches tall.  They prefer a shady spot.  This one gets morning sun and then is in indirect light from about 10:30 AM through the rest of the day.  I love these anywhere in the landscape.


And finally, here is a shot of the Scotch Broom plants that I talked about yesterday.  I promise not to change the plantings here again.  OK.  I don't "promise", but I don't think I will because I am really happy with these.  I lost one of the compact holly that I planted in these earlier.  The other one was relocated to a corner of the front yard at the end of the row of privet hedge.  I think that will give the privet a nice clean, finished look eventually once it gains some height.

So that's my morning update from the gardens at Crest Avenue.  Everyone have a great day!

1 comment:

mtnest said...

John, thanks for the virtual tour of the sprouts popping on Crest Avenue. I love the entries, and my brain made me read them with a Virgina twang. Love to you both. MISS YOU. Naples is SO bland. Barbara