Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year and a New Project

Happy New Year everyone!!  A new year brings with it new ventures and new opportunities.  A fresh start.  Put those things away that were unpleasant and cherish the good things that happened.

One of the "good things" that happened in my life last year was meeting Dana Moos.  Dana is a very busy person.  One of her many projects last year was the publication of her newest book, The Art of Breakfast.


I was quick to get a copy of this book.  I particularly liked the idea that she decided to devote the subject to one particular meal of the day, and many times the most overlooked meal of the day.  We are all so busy and breakfast is something that has been relegated to the back burner (pun intended!!)  I spent a good deal of time with the book and after reviewing it from beginning to end, I approached Dana and asked her if she would be open to a collaboration between us in which I would go through the book and prepare each recipe and then blog about it.


Many of you will remember the movie Julie and Julia which was released in 2009.  In the movie, blogger Julie Powell takes on the challenge to cook all the recipes in Julia Child's first book.  The storyline was:

"Julia Child and Julie Powell - both of whom wrote memoirs - find their lives intertwined. Though separated by time and space, both women are at loose ends... until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible." Written by Columbia Pictures. 

I would not say that Dana and I are at "loose ends."  However, I would agree that "fearlessness and butter" can make anything possible!  So, it is with this spirit that I announce my intention to prepare each recipe in The Art of Breakfast over the next year and to share each of these delicious creations with you.  This will be a fun project and I hope that each of you will enjoy reading my posts as I make my way through this wonderful book.

1 comment:

gwen.wakefield said...

What a great idea. I can't wait to read about all the recipes!