Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hurricane Katia

Good morning.  In my post yesterday, I referenced Katia, a storm brewing in the Atlantic and headed west toward the United States.  Yesterday the track seemed to indicate that this storm was on a definite collision course for the Mid-Atlantic.  This morning, it appears that the track has moved a little south and it looks like it will be more of a concern for people along the coast in the Carolina's.  I hope that is not true.  I hope this storm breaks up and vanishes from the radar.  I have attached a link to the MSN Storm Tracker for those who are interested in taking a look.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26295161/ns/weather/t/hurricane-tracker/

We continue to enjoy beautiful weather here in the Mid-Atlantic after our harrowing weekend.  The nights are delightful with the temperature in the 60's.  These are definitely nights to turn off the AC and open the windows.  I have had my bedroom window open every night this week and the whole house fan on which brings in all of the cool, crisp air.  The humidity is all but gone, which is a blessing.  Anyone who has been in Washington, Maryland and Virginia knows how oppressive the humidity is in the summer.  These pre-fall days are some of my favorite of the year.  I'm looking forward to the changing of the leaves and sweater weather. 

No comments: