Friday, September 23, 2011

A rainy weekend along the eastern seaboard



Looks like we are in for a rainy Friday . . . and Saturday . . . and Sunday.  It is impossibly humid here today.  I just checked Accuweather and they are predicting 3 - 4 inches of rain by the end of the day on Sunday.  I hope our friends across the Potomac in the Huntington section of Alexandria, VA do not experience more flooding from these rains.  Many homes were flooded over there with the rains from hurricanes Irene and Lee and many are still dealing with the devastation from those two storms.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that there is no more flooding.

This will be another busy weekend in the continuing effort to get the dining room renovation completed and ready to show on November 7.  I ordered new fabric to cover the dining room chair seat cushions with yesterday.  Here is a sample:



I ordered this fabric from Fashion Fabrics Club (http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/).  I have ordered from them before and have never been disappointed.  They have some very good quality fabrics and many times you can find what you are looking for on sale.  This fabric is called Clark Stone by Swavelle/Millcreek.  Their description:

"Beautiful, brown & charcoal gray, chenille upholstery fabric with latex backing by Swavelle/Millcreek." 

Since I am using browns and grays in the renovation of the dining room, I believe this is the perfect choice for the seat cuchions.  I got this for $12.95 per yard on a 54" bolt.  Compare at $22.95 per yard.  So all in all, I am happy with everything about this fabric - the weight, the colors and the price.  Now I just need to get it and get out my electric staple gun and start covering some seat cushions!!

1 comment:

Weaveron Textile said...

Thanks fr sharing information...