Saturday, December 17, 2011

O Little Town

Continuing the decoration of the house for Christmas, I found these cute little cardboard ornament houses at The Paper Source on M Street in Georgetown one day this week.


They come from a company called Melissa Frances (www.melissafrances.com).  They are packaged flat and are assembled very easily by folding where scored.  I used a glue stick to glue the red cellophane and the door and window panes in place.  To complete the assembly, I used a hot glue gun on the seams to get the structures secured and adhered to the base and to get the fences in place.  Even though they are intended to be used as ornaments, I thought they looked quite nice sitting on the mantel.  So on the mantel they will be for this Christmas season.  They didn't have many of these in stock.  I think I'll go back and see if they have any left.  How wonderful to have the mantle full of these.  The two models here are Cottage House (on the left) and Farm House (on the right).  There is one additional model I am aware of and that is of a  country church.  They retail at The Paper Source for $4.95 each.  So it wouldn't take a great deal of money to have an extensive collection.  A great look for very little money or time.  I'm all for that!

No comments: