Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Version of the Tiffany Tree

I made my way up to the attic over the weekend and started going through the multitude of Christmas decoration boxes that currently reside up there.  I am embarassed to say that these boxes are not very well organized.  Each year after Christmas I pack them up and place them all together.  So they are all located in the same corner of the attic, but they could use to be gone through and sorted.  Some of the decorations are still in very good condition but are not being used anymore at Crest Avenue.  These items can be donated to Goodwill and most likely during the time off around Christmas I will make some headway on this project.  More to follow on that.

On my treasure hunt this weekend, I found my Victorian table-top Christmas tree.  I have had this now for more years than I can remember.  I think it looks quite impressive on the dining room table.


After I got it put together, which is a breeze to do, I placed it inside a wooden serving tray.  I then filled the tray with spanish moss to build a base and then added sheet moss on top of that.



Then I sprinkled part of a bag of glistening snow on top of the moss to give it a look of freshly fallen snow on the ground surrounding the tree.



And so is my tree for the Christmas 2011 season.  Let's see what wonderful things end up around it with my name on them!!

No comments: